Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pork Tenderloin


Found a recipe the other day that I've been dying to try out. A Marine friend of ours is home on leave and thought it would make a great dinner for his visit. Very simple and tasty. Here's my take on it:

I sliced open a pork tenderloin making it as flat as possible then placed a layer of cooked wild rice, Romano cheese and then topped it with a thick layer of fresh spinach. Wrapped the whole thing in bacon. Then baked it.

The second one didn't have the Romano cheese but I added Goat cheese crumbles on top when I served it. I preferred it that way. I used leftover rice this time, next time I think I would steam the spinach with the rice, it'll make stuffing easier. And I'll definitely use the goat cheese on the inside so that it melts into everything.

Let me know how yours turns out!

I'm also linking this to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlum. Want some recipe ideas? Head over to this blog carnival, I know you'll find inspiration!



No comments: