Sunday, June 14, 2009

5 people I'd like to meet.... part 2

So I listed the real people past or present I'd like to meet in yesterdays blog. Today I'll tackle the fictional people I'd like to meet:
  • Elizabeth Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. Love her spunk, wit and intense love for her family and friends. She liked herself and that allowed her to accept others with all of their strengths and weaknesses. I identify with those characteristics and would like them to increase in me.
  • Fitzwilliam Darcy, also from P&P. Still waters run deep... I think that just about sums it up. Educated and intelligent man. Would love to learn how he ran Pemberly, as well as all his holdings, so that I might learn from him.
  • Moreta, from Anne McCaffery's Dragonriders of Pern series. A strong, intense, passionate woman who sacrificed all to save others. I could think of very few other things I would like said about me. Book: Moreta; Dragonlady of Pern.
  • Lissa, from Anne McCaffery's Dragonriders of Pern series. I identify with this diminutive powerhouse. Would also like to ride a Gold Queen... Book: all the "current day", verses ancient or future time, Dragonrider books.
  • Flar, from Anne McCaffery's Dragonriders of Pern series. A strong man to handle, love and protect a strong woman (Lissa)...Book: all the "current day", verses ancient or future time, Dragonrider books.
  • Manoria Headwoman at Bendon Weyr, from Anne McCaffery's Dragonriders of Pern series. I identify with her organizational and delegational skills. I'd like to develop my ability to see what's needed, plan and place it into action, using the resources at hand. Book: all the "current day", verses ancient or future time, Dragonrider books.
  • Master Harper Robbinton, from Anne McCaffery's Dragonriders of Pern series. Love his diplomatic skills. Would love to hone mine under his tutelage. Book: all the "current day", verses ancient or future time, Dragonrider books. Book covering his life: The Masterharper of Pern, though I always cry.
  • Menolly, from Anne McCaffery's Dragonriders of Pern series. Resourceful, beautiful but not full of herself. Having more than one Fire lizard might be a bit much but speaks volumes about her. Book: all the "current day", verses ancient or future time, Dragonrider books, and primarily The Harper hall trilogy - Dragonsong, Dragonsinger and Dragon Drums
  • Jaxum, from Anne McCaffery's Dragonriders of Pern series. A young man who has a heart of gold, in spite of all that he has overcome. Book: all the "current day", verses ancient or future time, Dragonrider books, primarily The White Dragon.
  • Sharra, Jaxum's wife from Anne McCaffery's Dragonriders of Pern series. Confident and strong young woman. Book: all the "current day", verses ancient or future time, Dragonrider books, primarily The White Dragon.
  • Ruth the White dragon, from Anne McCaffery's Dragonriders of Pern series. Just because Ruth is Ruth. Book: all the "current day", verses ancient or future time, Dragonrider books, primarily The White Dragon.
  • Edward Cullin from the Twilight series. I love his chivalry and passion for those he loves.
  • Alice Cullin from the Twilight series. I think we'd be good friends, we both have freak flags and aren't afraid to fly them. Would love her ability to see the future, that would make investing so much easier!
I'm sure there are more, but these are the only ones that have come to mind. You can obviously tell my favorite book series. Now it's your turn, who are the fictional people I'd like to meet? If you're reading on Facebook, please post your comments to my blog so that others can see your responses. You can get there by clicking here.

No comments: