Thursday, October 22, 2009

Now that's a piece of ginger!


I returned from Montana on Monday, more on that in later posts, but all of us who went got sick so I've spent the week recovering. I really haven't had a appetite since Sunday so I've been drinking chicken broth simmered with ginger, but I ran out of ginger so my wonderful husband ran to the store for me. It wasn't till the next morning that I got around to unpacking the ginger he bought me... and saw that it was the size of a dinner plate! I had to laugh. This was his way of telling me that he loves me and making sure I wouldn't run out again.

In beating this cold I was reminded of all the old remedies passed down from my grandmother - eating raw white onions, the only other thing I was craving, drinking hot liquids, using saline in my nose, and gargling with hot salt water. Not to mention plenty of sleep. I'm definitely on the mend, and don't plan to revisit a cold or entertain the flu the rest of the season. May you and yours prosper and enjoy amazing health this "cold and flu season"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get better :/