Monday, October 5, 2009

Home...



Flew home early yesterday morning. Chris picked me up at the airport, bringing Miss Moo with him. It was a very relaxing day, and even though I really enjoyed my time in Dallas and the people I met, I am glad to be home.

So what did I learn last week??? Here's a few things:
  • That our presence and support for people is as important as their support for us.
  • I met people I'd only heard of or had an online connection with as well as new people. Each one has added to my life in some way.
  • I heard stories and testimonies of how big God is and how He's moving in peoples lives.
  • I learned that being taught comes in different forms than just a teacher speaking from the front of the class.
  • I realized that I needed to recap what how the class, the people I meet and Dallas impacted me.
  • I was encouraged and enlarged in my metaphorical thinking.
  • I made connections for projects that have been on my heart for several years now.
  • I saw old friends meet and got to witness their love flare up and be fed.
  • I was witness to the long distance flirting of 2 friends and the engagement of another couple. Both encouraged me and my love for Chris.
  • I gained an appreciation for home.

In my Facebook updates and blogs I plan to share some of that, hoping that you will be impacted by what I gained in Dallas.

1 comment:

Marty said...

It must of been a great experience and a great trip. I'm jealous! I hope someday to be able to meet many of my new "blogger" friends :) Have a good day!