Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I see you....



Earlier I was talking to a friend. He'd been slimed by a good friend, who, at that moment didn't see him for who he is and had to tell him how rotten of a human being he was. While they resolved the issue, my friend was still feeling the effects and chose to fight back by calling several people that he trusts, and asking them to "speak into the atmosphere" how they saw him. Wow. Love that idea and that way of fighting. Totally made my day.

Yesterday, Chris and I saw Avatar. Great movie. On many levels. Like The Matrix and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, it impacted me deeply. A concept that is spoken about several times is the concept of "I see you." It's not just words, it's not just a description of what's going on, but rather a short hand way of saying "I know who You are. I see who you are with my heart. I accept you as you are, with all your strengths and shortcomings, and I choose to be in relationship with you." It's a powerful concept.

So back to my friend. What he was calling for was to have someone he trusts to "see" him, and to remind him, and the world around us, who he really is.

What about you? Are you feeling the need to be reminded who you are? Allow me to remind you of a few of the basics:
  • You are you. You are special. There is no one else on this earth, past, present or future who can fill your shoes.
  • You are important. Important to your family, your friends, co-workers and the person you happened to smile at today.
  • Your unique mix of gifts, talents and abilities are essential. Not just to your family, friends and co-workers, but to our world. It wouldn't be the same without you.
  • The world needs to hear your laughter, marvel at the wisdom you contain and feel the embrace only you can offer.
So, pass it on. Make your day, by making someone else's day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I could forward this post to someone, it would be you. Thanks, Yvonne. :)