Saturday, September 20, 2008

To be or not to be....

Something has been seeping into my brain lately... all my life I have measured myself against the standard of "doing", of accomplishing. Recently, the concept of measuring myself with the standard of "being" rather than "doing" has taken hold. This new standard doesn't require always "being on", making decisions in a split second or always being in motion. This new standard demands a restful pose. Like a seed buried in the ground, on the surface, nothing seems to be happing. But deep underground, massive changes are happening. Some I am aware of, some, like this understanding come a bit at a time, and others are so far beyond my current understanding that I have no idea they are in motion or coming.

So what's next? I don't know. I only know that I need to listen to the new rhythm that has been moving within, to move when I need to move, to stay still when I need to stay still and to not do or accomplish based on my understanding or desires. My desire at the end of this season is for explosive and exponential growth. But yet, that that growth be not of my making or design.

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Hi there. I didn't know you blogged. I see from your previous post that you are taking ballet class - that's great! I love the ballet.

Thank you for your kind words.

Be blessed,
Nadine