Thursday, September 11, 2008

Of birds and butterflies...

On Monday, Chris drove me to the Woodland Park zoo. After being cooped up for several days I was getting antsy, but didn't have the energy to drive myself. Ever since the Flamingo ads appeared this summer I'd been wanting to go and photograph them. One of my fondest memories from our honeymoon is the "World Famous Marching Flamingos" at the Ardastra Gardens, Zoo & Conservation Center, Nassau, Bahamas (http://www.ardastra.com/).

Like many of our preconceived ideas, I was let down when I encountered the flamingos at the zoo. The flamingo's of my memory were a deep coral, the Chilean flamingos at the zoo are paler pink with their under feathers a brighter coral. But I tried not to hold that against them and enjoyed them anyway.

In addition, I had time to take in the butterflies and blossoms exhibit where I got some photos of butterflies. Enjoy this mini trip to these 2 exhibits....

BTW - a friend told me I hadn't posted the ribbons I won at the Fair. I have added that info to the Fair post.





















No comments: