Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

For the conference I chose to cook as many of our meals as possible. Several things worked out really well but I wanted to share a yummy salad that I created, OK, I stole the idea from Trader Joes but it was yummy and great on a hot day!

Before we left, I had purchased a rotisserie chicken from Costco and cut it up. We ate the drums on the road and had the breast with rice and gravy one night. I took all the yummy little bits and reserved them for this salad.

On a bed of butter baby leaves I put:
The chicken
Mozzarella cheese
Garbanzo beans
Grape tomatoes
Bacon bits
Oil and vinegar dressing
I added some crackers on the side for a bit of crunch.

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture for this post. Trust me, it was quick, easy and refreshing in the 100'+ heat we had.


And I’m linking this to Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlum.
Want some recipe ideas? Head over to this blog carnival. I know you’ll find inspiration!

No comments: