Thursday, May 22, 2008

My wonderful husband

I've told you I'm married, but I don't think I've told you what a wonderful man I'm married to. I stopped the other day and began writing down some of the characteristics I love and enjoy about him, to share a few:

Consistent, unchanging, yet flexible
Wants and works for the best for me
Loves me with all my faults and strengths, always encourages me to be the best me I can be.
Reliable
You know right were you stand with him
Likes to talk with me and spend time with me
A rock

As I was thinking about all this my thoughts turned to my dreams. In my dreams, whenever my husband appears, I know it's God showing up. Awhile back I understood that Chris' name means "Christ bearer", and he is. He brings the living presence of God into every situation and place that he enters. Christ dwells in him. Chris is my husband, as Christ is my Husband. So whenever I dream and Chris is involved, I sit up and pay attention. In writing out some of the characteristics I love in Chris, I realized that those are some of the same characteristics that I love about Christ.

Consistent, unchanging, yet flexible
Wants and works for the best for me
Loves me with all my faults and strengths, always encourages me to be the best me I can be.
Reliable
You know right were you stand with him
Likes to talk with me and spend time with me
A rock

Understand that I am not elevating my husband to the level of God. That's not what I am saying. What I am saying is that I know that I am loved; by my earthly husband and by my heavenly Husband. I am saying that I am fortunate that I see the love of my heavenly Husband in the love of my earthly husband. That doubts about how good God is and how He thinks of me are non-existent, because I have a living breathing example of His love for me. May you too know with confidence how great God's love for you is.

No comments: