Monday, May 26, 2008

The art of hearing God - pt 2

The past week I finished my essay questions for The art of Hearing God teacher certification. It took me a few weeks to get up the courage to begin, and then I flew through the majority of the essay, only to be stumped for a week on the last few questions.

In the last few questions I came face to face with the reality that I am not where I had hoped to be when I began the process several years ago, and then I had to fight through through to the fact that life is a process, not a destination. I knew this, I can see it more easily for others than for myself, but I was faced with and had to come to grips with the undeniable truth, again, that it's all a process. And once I allowed myself to be where I am and not where I want to be, I was able to finish up the essay and send it in.

That concept was one of the "aha" moments I had when I was in the class - that we are all in process at some level or another. I don't see myself as a type A personality, but I do like to complete a job well, Chris says I am a force of nature to be reckoned with at those times. This past week, I came face to face, again, with the fact that the job isn't completed till I pass from this world to the next, and I may as well enjoy the process. I hope that you too will allow yourself the freedom to enjoy the process of your life.

No comments: