Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mosaic

It's been a few days since I posted anything, in part because I didn't think I had anything to write, in part because I didn't think anyone was "listening". Today I spoke with a friend and he mentioned that he'd been keeping up on my post-corporate life through my blog. It was gratifying to know that someone was "listening" and involved in my life.

This past week I've been doing a lot of studying and research on several subjects that my new employment requires. Honestly more focused work than my day to day corporate life. This afternoon I took a break and began reading Amy Grant's Mosaic. I have always connected with her music and lyrics; lyrics make or break a song for me. In her introduction she wrote:

...I soon discovered that thinking about writing a book and actually writing a book are two very different experiences. Suddenly I feared that I had nothing to say - that none of my stories were interesting at all....

I completely related to that statement.
"Is anyone interested in what I have to say?"
"How transparent do I become?"
"Is a blog safe to share the intimate thoughts and details of your life???" That one comes after hearing a friend tell me about his utube video was being shown by an extremist site that also showed the gory details of a beheading.

In reading Amy's book, I realized that I began this blog an an exercise in my writing skills. I am not doing it for your feedback, though I won't turn it away. This is an exercise in exercise.

And so I start yet again... and may have to start again several times. I hope you enjoy yourself here. I hope you find something that makes your day a bit brighter, and draws you a bit closer to the Father.

No comments: