Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SOURDOUGH!

Chris loves sourdough bread, and I've been trying my hand at baking bread these days. So I went looking for how to make a sourdough starter. In my research I came up with a 100 year old starter that is offered for only a SASE. I ordered it, reactivated it, it came dry, and we've been playing with it. From what I understand, it will take about a month to come into it's own. In the meantime we've enjoyed sourdough bread and sourdough pancakes and waffles.

Here's my breakfast of pancakes topped with a rhubarb and strawberry compote. Nummm!



If you'd like to write for your own starter, send a SASE to:
Carl's sourdough starter
Oregon Trail Sourdough
P. O. Box 321
Jefferson, MD 21755 USA

Enjoy!


This post will be linked to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. Having trouble with adding a link but search inpassionatepursuit on blogspot for her blog...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These sound so good. I will definitely be giving them a try. Come on over to Crock Pot Wednesdays and check it out. diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com