Monday, October 20, 2008

Withdrawal is a change in perspective

In the past few days we've had an abundance of spiritual activity. We've been asked to pray for people, we've received words and just been soaked in a spiritual atmosphere. Thursday I leave for Wasilla and there is an anticipation and an excitement for that time as well.

This morning we had a friend stop by, he had a hip replaced recently and has been on heavy duty drugs for the past 5 months. He's weaning himself off them and is having a bit of a hard time. He asked for prayer, and we were happy to oblige. Later, sitting in the office I realized that part of what I've been feeling for the past day has been "withdrawals" of the spiritual atmosphere we've been surrounded with lately. That may sound strange, but I've heard that science has proven that the endorphins that are released in prayer are also the same ones that are released during sexual intercourse. As I thought about that, it became clear to me that I've missed the intense spiritual atmosphere of the past several days. That understanding brought a fresh perspective, and lifted the lethargy that seemed so consuming.

On a lighter note, we had a friend visit on Friday. I posed the cartoon character question to him. It took him a few moments but he decided he associated Tweety with me. Needless to say I jumped out of my chair at his response, and no he wasn't coached. That was all him. I asked him why he associated Tweety with me. His comment - She always wins. I like that...

No comments: